Here she is, Vivian Elise Anderson, born 8/19/08 at 6:33 pm, 8lbs. 11oz, 21.5" long. My water broke at 10am, we left for the hospital around 11:45, and at 12:30 the doctor checked me only to find out I was only 2-3 cm, boy was I hoping for more. So I did some walking in the hallway to get the contractions into a good pattern and basically had to stay standing until I hit transition to keep them going! Transition hit with a bang around 5:30 and at the 6:00 pm check I was 7cm. Well as you can probably tell by the delivery time things took off at lightning speed from there. By 6:20 I was complete and had to push, 13 minutes later (it felt like 13 hours) she was born! Her little sister Olivia Kate, who was taken to heaven at about 23 weeks, was born about 10 minutes later. Boy was I relieved when all that was over, 6 hours of labor, standing most of the time, no epidural, no stiches and I felt amazing!!! All in all most would consider it an easy labor and delivery and so would I compared to some I've seen, but in the midst of it, wow, it is one of the hardest and most amazing things I've ever experienced! Now we've been home for 8 days and the time seems to fly by, I am savoring every moment. Please don't grow too fast my little darling.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
WOW!!! Glad to see the blog makeover! Beautiful girls, can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment