CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Vivi's first trip to the E.R.

It was about 4:30 on New Years Eve and Terry and I were getting ready to go out for an early dinner because I had to be at work at 7pm (sounds like a fun new years eve, huh?).  Anyway, I was changing Vivian's outfit so she would have on clean clothes for our rare trip out of the house.  I was playing with her in her onsie for a few minutes first and just happened to look down and something bright red caught my eye.  This is what I saw.  I said, "Uh, Terry, I think we have a problem."  We thought it was either a string or a hair and it was buried so deep in her skin we couldn't get to it with our small scissors.  So after a bit of scurrying around the house and brainstorming other ideas to get this tornicate off her toe, off to the E.R. we went.
She was very well behaved the whole time there, even though we thought we might have to ring in 2009 there because it took sooooooo long!


What the heck are we doing here Mom?


After a very long wait and a short nap for both Vivian and Daddy, the high tech solution to our problem was none other that.....NAIR!!!  Long story short, what ever it was either came off with the Nair or was off before we got there and all is well.  The line is still visible on her toe but it's back to its normal color and still attached to her body, Thank God!!!  And I did ring in the new year in the hospital, but at work not in the E.R.!

1 comment:

Messy and Wonderful said...

OUCH!!! Can't wait to see you!